Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Faith Science - Love Brings Faith To Life



For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision
avails anything, but faith working through love.
Galatians 5:6 nkjv

In much the same way that unbelief kills faith, love has the opposite
effect. When Jesus was moved with compassion in Matthew
14:14, he healed every sick person. Then in the following verses he
miraculously multiplied food to feed all who were following him at
the time. The Bible says in 1 John 4:18 that perfect love removes fear,
which is the root of unbelief. A revelation of God’s love removes the
limitations placed on what your faith can do. It causes you to believe
the unbelievable and brings the impossible to life. Because of love, a
mother has the faith to lift up a car to save the life of her child who’s
trapped underneath. Because of love, a father has the faith to pray
for his son with all of his heart and see deliverance. When there is
love, people start believing God for the impossible.

Let’s look at this from another perspective. If you believe that I
love you, you’ll have faith in what I say to you. When I believed the
love of God, I had the faith to receive his salvation. Thus, my belief
in his love now empowers my faith in his healing, deliverance, and
provision. In general, his love is the catalyst for my faith in his Word.
I’m sure that he loves me, so I believe what he says and don’t struggle
with living a life that reflects that. He must bring his Word to pass
in my life because he promised it.


Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there
is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, Declaring the
end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are
not yet done, Saying, “My counsel shall stand, And I will do all
My pleasure,” Calling a bird of prey from the east, The man who
executes My counsel, from a far country. Indeed I have spoken
it; I will also bring it to pass. I have purposed it; I will also do it.
Isaiah 46:9–11 nkjv

I trust God’s Word because I trust God’s love. Keeping that in mind,
nothing in his Word is beyond belief for me. What about you? Why
do you struggle to believe what you read in God’s Word? Maybe it’s
because you struggle to believe his love for you. Settle it today with
1 John 4:8! God is love, so it’s inconceivable that his love can have
limits. Nothing you can or cannot do can stop his love, so you’re better
off accepting the inevitable. He loves you, and if you can believe
that, your faith in His Word will be seen. Since nothing can separate
us from God’s love, according to Romans 8:37–39, let nothing separate
you from your faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your constructive comments. Please identify yourself and comment only if you have something productive to contribute.